Milliman MedInsight publishes this blog as a forum for meaningful discussion of day to day use of healthcare data to address issues and challenges encountered by healthcare organizations. Our consultants offer their expertise on innovative approaches and processes to leverage data to identify root causes of changes in cost and utilization trend, clinical and quality initiatives, and more.
The following list highlights MedInsight’s top 5 blogs in 2013 based on total page views:
5. David Mirkin’s blog “Innovation in Heath Plan Medical Management Metrics” explores the characteristics an idea medical management ROI tool or tools would have.
4. The concurrent and prospective models of risk adjustment both offer different advantages. Barb Ward breaks down each type in her blog “Risk Adjustment and Provider Profiling – My Patients are Sicker.”
3. Individual and small group health insurance markets went through a dramatic change in 2013 driven by the exchange. Andrew Naugle highlights why monitoring administrative expenses through benchmarking is essential in his blog “The Importance of Administrative Cost Benchmarking.”
2. In his blog “Employer Group Reporting: Just checking the box or true data analytics,” Brian Studebaker answers these important questions: what do employer groups really want from employer group reporting and what do employers really do with these reports?
1. Al Prysunka provides insight for APCDs on the utilization of an EDI format in his blog “Implementing the PACDR Guides for APCD’s – EDI vs. ASCII.”